Twelve years ago today our second child was born. She has become an amazing little person over the years. Since it’s her birthday, I’m going to share some information about her (proud parent moments to be precise) about who she is today.
Darwin Petra Havelka:
- Nicknames include “Dar-B-Cute” and “Darweena”
- Middle child/ younger sister/ older sister.
- She loves Hello Kitty ever since getting a pair of HK shoes at age 2.
- Kawaii is also a favorite of hers & she is starting to draw in that style more often.
- Cheer leading is her passion. She loves being a part of a squad, and is always pushing herself to become a better & stronger cheerleader.
- When she finds something that she likes- she obsesses about it. Over the past few years -aside from Hello Kitty- she has fallen in love with Jem & The Holograms (The 80’s cartoon), Zero (the ghost dog from The Nightmare Before Christmas), Toadette (From the Mariokart/ Mario Party games), Totoro, and Sailor Moon… To name a few.
- She is constantly dressing in cosplay and acting out the parts at Comicons.
- She is a straight “A” student. She is a perfectionist & has been known to beat herself up if she loses even one mark on an exam or project.
- Her kindness and generosity has earned her many friends that love being around her.
- She is a great listener and is often helping people out to make them better at what they are trying to accomplish.
- She is very inquisitive about how the world runs, often asking questions beyond her age range (sometimes uncomfortable for a parent to answer).
- She loves her first name, and I could never picture her with a different name.
Darwin has been growing up into a lovely little lady. She seems to have taken the best qualities of both her mother and I, thus creating a personality that draws positivity into the world around her. She also knows how to lay on the guilt and has figured out the soft spot in my heart. I love the little monkey (Monkey happens to be her Chinese Zodiac as well) & the world is a better place having her in it.
Happy Birthday Darwin!