If you’re like me, you want to make something with your blog. You want to see it flourish and grow. You want the internets to explode with your name and for the trolls to be so afraid to come out to torment you. But if you’re like me, there is a struggle going on.
I am still trying to figure out what makes a good blog post worthy of reading.
- Is it writing from the heart?
- Should I be catering to a specific audience?
- Should I narrow down my writing to one category?
What about drawing traffic to my blog?
- Do I need more keywords?
- Should I keep my writing short?
- Should I promote myself more?
- Do pictures help?
- What time of day should I post?
But what about the people already reading my blog posts?
- Why do they read it?
- Is keeping each one short a good idea?
- Should I be writing everyday?
- What if I change my style, will people still read it?
Hold up. I should start with a more pertinent question.
- Why do I blog?
- I’ve made it my goal to write everyday.
- I want to share stories of my life with family and friends.
- I enjoy it.
It’s true. I enjoy writing. I enjoy sharing myself and my life with people. Some people can relate to my life. Others see me in a whole new way. Engaging with people in this medium has brought me some new friends. It has drawn me to other bloggers. Blogging has made me read more and share fewer cat videos.
When I began blogging, it felt like a daunting task to write everyday. I’ve gone back and re-read some of my daily posts. Some are terribly written in a hurried manner just to ensure I wrote for the day. Other posts show that I took the time to write a worthy story.
I don’t think my current blog posts will ever make me famous or make me money. Perhaps one day I shall change my rhythm and finally promote my life changing, awe-inspiring, self-serving stories and cash in.
As I struggle to figure out what I’m doing, please continue to enjoy my journey. Enjoy following my growth into what may one day become fruitful. I don’t have any answers on how to become a successful blogger, perhaps one day.
Until that time though, be sure and share my blog with everyone you know!