Crap. Where is summer going? We are in the last two weeks of summer vacation for the kids. Seven weeks have already passed and it feels like we need to squeeze in more activities to end 2016 on a high note.
The start of summer was laid out before us with ideas and plans being made. Some things we did, others were put by the wayside. A last minute camping trip made it in last week- much to the joy of my children (and my wife was pleasantly surprised that she liked it as well). But what to do with these fleeting days before the hustle and bustle of the new year (admit it, you feel like the year begins in September, not January just like I do) takes over our lives?
I’ve complied a list for myself- because I love lists and crossing things off.
- Read a book or two.
- Hit the beach early in the day.
- Take walks with just my wife.
- Enjoy some casual last minute meals with friends.
- See my family.
- Enjoy a nature hike.
- Take more photos.
- See more of British Columbia.
My list seems doable. I should be able to accomplish my goals in a fairly stress-free way as well. Here’s how I plan on meeting my goals:
- I love reading, so not watching Netflix before bed is how I will accomplish this.
- Just waking up and getting out the door before the crowds hit the beach. Perhaps calling it a day by lunch will ensure this to happen.
- This is a no-brainer. No excuses here.
- “Whatcha doin’? Let’s meet up.” Done.
- I don’t see my mother or sister on a regular basis since they moved away. Perhaps taking the initiative to do so and putting our differences behind us will help in achieving this more often.
- I have the shoes, I just need a little push.
- My iPhone is more than just Facebook and Pokemon Go. I should take more pictures of life to remember the good times.
- This Province of ours is amazing. Forests, mountains, lakes, beaches, people… Getting up early and hitting the roads will help out. Some money for gas and a map is all I need.
I also love hearing about places and events going on around us. If you have anything to share, please let me know. Or if you want to meet up, shoot me a message. These are the last few days of sunshine before autumn enters and the busy life kicks in.